Friday, November 4, 2011

My First Garage Sale


Or I should say 'My Boyfriend and Friends First Yard Sale, and I Helped!' since my stuff comprised less than a third of it. Most of the stuff we acquired the weekend before and was given to us by my mother-in-law; it used to belong to my boyfriend as a kid until he became an adult. Our friend, a woman with tinier feet than any of our yard sale guests, filled up the rest of her garage with treasures to sell.

Here are some of the goodies that sadly are still there since we didn't get many shoppers and we got even less sales. We'll probably throw most of the stuff away, give what we can to charity and take home a few things that call out to us:







Excuse the tequila sunrises... it was the only thing keeping me awake at such an ungodly hour.









I am not for sale but I am a little chilly in that dark garage.







What an assortment of belongings! And certainly not the largest garage sale I've seen but for our first and probably last I'd say we did a pretty good job. Next time, if this is something we want to attempt again, I'd advertise a hell of a lot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment